SONY XPERIA Z3 LAUNCH: #URBANZ3XPLORER
THE BRIEF – Provide the audience with great content and use it to show the Z3 benefits
Sony Mobile wanted to increase the awareness among to its core target (15-35 YO) by producing viral and valuable content. Our mission was to spread the word about Sony Xperia Z3 assets with a viral and sharable content to be broadcast on strong media partner.
OUR IDEA – Team up with a strong media partner to produce and broadcast viral content
A few months after the release of Sony Xperia Z2, MediaCom and Melty (the first online site dedicated to 15-35 YO) teamed up again to produce and mediatize exclusive content.
We called back Antoine, the Sony reporter of Inside Mundial. This time, his mission was to discover three cities of France in a new way. We followed our intrepid reporter and a talented urban explorer from each city to discover Paris, Marseille and Lyon in an exclusive way.
Our urban explorer and Antoine showed us a specific and unknown piece of the city through pictures and videos taken with the Xperia Z3 (in every content, the assets of the Xperia Z3 product was highlighted).
We also created a branded dedicated space called “Urban Z3xplorer by Sony” on Melty.fr where our reporter shared viral content (shot as a docureality) but also specific and unknown pieces of the cities through pictures and videos taken with the Xperia Z3.
During the “Urban Z3xplorer by Sony” operation, we created and shared three kinds of content:
- 12 videos :
- 1 trailer
- 1 video of Antoine
- 6 videos of the urban exploration
- 2 videos of the final event
- 1 meet and greet video: interview of Griefjoy / and the winner of the contest
- 1 best of video of the operation
- 20 articles on three different platforms: melty.fr, NEONmag.fr , meltydiscovery.fr
- 1 event: The operation ended with a music show that happened in a secret place that people had to guess in order to win their tickets to this event.
To promote the Urban Z3xplorer experience and engage the audience, we organised two contests:
- The first one was at the beginning of the activation: the community was encouraged to share their own secret and hidden place from their cities. All of the pictures sent were highlighted in an interactive and collaborative map where all the secret places were pinned. The internet users were able to go through this map, discover unknown places and share it with their friends.
The most original picture would get to win a Sony Xperia
- The second contest encouraged the community to post the coolest and most original pictures to earn a Sony Z3 and other Sony Products.
The operation ended with an exclusive event featuring a french Sony Music artist (Griefjoy) in a secret and unknown place located in the heart of Paris.
THE RESULT – Very strong engagement from the community
Our goals were more than reached regarding all the KPIs:
- 8.9m estimated impressions
- 15m Native pushes
- + 147% visits on dedicated space vs. initial objectives. (75K visits)
- + 195% contest participations vs. initial objectives. (400 participants)
- + 148% readings of articles vs. initial objective